Monday, 1 December 2014

Week 3: Implications

This week, we went deeper into the notations introduced from last two weeks. We've learnt implication, conjunction,disjunction, negation, tabulation, De Morgan's Law and some properties of logic operation such as associativity etc. This week's material is starting to be new now as I've never touched it before. But it is not that challenging as well, so I guess I won't be talking about it in detail.

Right now I am mainly focusing on the assignment that's due at the end of next week. It is quite consuming though it seems pretty easy at the first glance ( and luckily I've got a partner!). Questions 4 and 5 confuse me the most, even now I am writing this Slog, trying to take a break from finishing the last part of the assignment, I still cannot get it. For question 4, I personally think that there are many answers depending on the examples you are taking. If you take D, P and Q to be some numbers that are divisible to 2 or to 3, the answer will be different from the one if you take D, P and Q as the numbers of girls and guys in one school that are able to play piano and baseball. I might be (and probably am) wrong, but I just couldn't figure out the right answer. Guess I will just ask Prof Heap for help during his office hour then.

No comments:

Post a Comment