Today is November 30th, and it's the last week of class, and after that we have exams coming up. Looking back to the beginning of this semester, I think I really learnt a lot about computer, and especially the material from last week will stick on my mind for a really long time.
This week, I am mainly focusing on the last assignment for this course, which about proving and disproving Big O and Big Omega as well as the halting problem. The assignments were always quite hard to do compared to the tests, quizzes and the material covered in class. However,I found this last assignment the hardest as we spent tremendous amount of time tackling down question 3, 4, 5 and 6 (almost every question in this assignment!).
In this week's lectures, we talked about countable and uncountable functions. And we also learnt a new proving technique called induction, which has two parts: base case and induction step. In the base case, we prove that P(0) or P(k) is true. Then in the induction step, we assume P(n) is true and try to prove P(n+1) is also true. This is a really powerful and wise-used proving technique in mathematics.
Since we will finish this course in a few days, so I would like to say some words: this course is a quite practical and useful course for computer science and I learnt a lot during this semester. We also have great TAs, professors and classmates, and I would like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best in the future!
Glad the course was a pleasant experience for you! Good luck on your exam tmw :)
ReplyDelete